Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #12--Still trying to be original

University and Geese
Thirteen colleges that have mailed my son.
My son is a high school sophomore who just took his PSAT’s. Now he gets more mail than the rest of the family from colleges in the recruiting business. I don’t remember this happening when I was his age. I’ve not even heard of some of these colleges. It is flattering that others are wooing my kid.

1. University of Miami
2. Marquette University
3. Lake Forest College
4. Dickinson College
5. University of Missouri-Rolla
6. Colorado College
7. Caltech
8. Drake University
9. Loyola University Chicago
10. Washington and Lee University
11. Washington University in St. Louis
12. University of Washington
13. Stanford University

The first 11 all came in one day’s mail. I’d estimate he received at least another ten fliers maybe more. Who knows what tomorrow’s mail will bring?

5 comments:

Anne said...

Stanford? Be extra-proud, Mom! What area of study interests him?

Debo Blue said...

Makes you excited and a bit gloomy, doesn't it? Knowing that one day in the not too distant future he'll have to make a decision to leave and go to school?

Congratulations on his scores because they're obviously very good.

Liza on Maui said...

WOW! Great list...I can't wait to find out what he'll choose :)

Misplaced said...

Wow, that is impressive. When I was 18 the army sent me a pair of tube socks in the mail in an attempt to entice me in. I still wonder what that's all about. Congratulations to your son-

Unknown said...

Thanks to all you commentors. I'd love to see him at Stanford but I'd also love him to make up his own mind without my undue influence. He is a math/science type although he likes to write, and is enjoying history a lot. He is young for his grade and I'm in no rush to see him leave home.