Thursday, February 22, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

1. A couple weeks ago, we asked about how you take care of your books, with one of the questions asking whether you write in your books. Well, what about books that are meant to be written in? Like, say, a journal or diary? Do you keep one? Obviously, if you're answering this, you have a blog--do you just let your blog be your journal? Or do you also keep one for private stuff also?

My journals never go anywhere. They get a few entries then are abandoned. So far blogging has been much more successful for me. After all my first entry was written in June 2006 and I'm still going. I think having readers and comments keeps me going as do the memes and prompts. When I 'm too tired to post there are always photos. Of course, there are differences too. There are limits to how candid I am going to be in public. I guess what is private is just going to stay private.
Here are two interesting notebook sites.
1. Moleskinerie
2. Notebookism

5 comments:

Melody said...

Hi Sarala, thanks for sharing. I agree with you about blogging, and it's fun! Happy Friday to you! :)

TutleyMutley said...

We are similar in that I too have failed at keeping up any journals - I always start with good intentions and then it slides, - Blogging has been much more fun.
Why? I thrive on public approbation I think - I know it shouldn't make any difference but it's an emotional thing not an intellectual one. I sometimes have reservations about revelations in such a public domain - but, really, are there that many folk interested?
Thank you for your kind comments! It's what keeps me blogging!

Unknown said...

I journaled for years but lately my blog is serving that purpose. I think that perhaps writing for an audience is giving me a better outlet for my daily thoughts than the mental and emotional purging that my journal used to be. I suspect I'll get back to journaling as it is a good way to turn off my brain before sleep but for now, this is working for me.

Literary Feline said...

Although my blog is not terribly active in the number of entries I make (at least compared to some), I probably post more to my blog because of people's comments than I would if I were getting none at all. Like you, I limit how much of my private life I share on my blog. If I do feel the need to record something I wouldn't share with the public, I jot down my thoughts elswhere, in a more private place.

Misplaced said...

I use a moleskin for more sensative items, otherwise I use the blog. It would be nice to do it all on the blog but a certain amount of anonymity is required with a public journal