Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bloghopping--Nature oriented blogs

I haven't done much blog-hopping lately so I decided to look at my bookmarks (different than my blogroll) and come up with some old and new nature blogs.
For people who like photos and birds there are Hasty Brook in Minnesota and Susan Gets Native from Ohio.
Also Somewhere in NJ which bills itself as about "birds, books and bunnies."
The Egret's Nest in California shares her first daffodil of spring. Need I say that I am jealous?

All this hopping reminded me I haven't submitted any photos to the blog carnival Good Planet. Another nature blogger Wanderin' Weeta is hosting for the rest of this month and she is still looking for photos I think so check her out.
Here are my two photos--the first is a Seagull fighting stiff winds. I could barely stand up for the wind but all you can see is a little blowing sand and a few ruffled feathers on the bird.
Seagull in strong wind
The next photo is of a fabulous sunset, also in the state of Washington, this past December. This is from the town of Forks.
Sunset in Forks
Have a good night and a good weekend.

4 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Thanks for the mention and link on your post about nature blogs. Your writing and photography here are wonderful and I'll definitely be back.

Pepper said...

Beautiful pictures. The poor gull looks frozen.

Debo Blue said...

I can never get enough of sunsets. I can't wait to start taking some w/my own camera.

Susan Gets Native said...

Well, Hey!
Thanks for the link to my blog!

Love the sunset pic. It looks good enough to eat!