Friday, January 30, 2009

Faith Comes in Small Boxes

Simple Faith

I continue to photograph small Chicago churches. I enjoy discovering how people place their houses of worship in small storefronts, private homes, old warehouses--all that seems to be needed is walls, a roof, a hand painted sign and hours of operation. The more run down the neighborhood the more churches there seem to be. Today I wandered down a side street and there was this little "cathedral in a box."
Clear skies today for Friday Skywatch.
I think this shot fits the bill for a new photo meme I discovered, Thematic photo. This week's theme is "simple."

6 comments:

Louise said...

A pretty day for your church hunt. The setting is very nice.

Lorri said...

This is such a lovely winter scene, from tones to simplicity, the tranquility is strong.

Jud said...

Quite the range of blue hues in the scene.

chrome3d said...

That was a beautiful post and it looks so hopeful in the sun.

soulbrush said...

wow i love your images, and your blog, will be back.(also don't talk about or blog about my jewishness, but enjoy the blogs of those who do.)

Black on Campus said...

THis is such a great idea. There are a lot of small churches here in Oakland, too. I know of a couple such churches that have closed their doors in the last couple years. It's great to get photos of them while they're still around.