Monday, November 20, 2006

Very Short Stories

I cannot claim credit for this idea, but it is a lot of fun. This month's Wired magazine published a series of 6 word science fiction stories. Some of them are pretty amusing.
Harry Harrison writes: Time machine reaches future!!!...nobody there...
Ken MacLeod: We went solar; sun went nova.
Vernor Vinge: Epitaph: Foolish humans, never escaped Earth.
Margaret Atwood: Longed for him. Got him. Shit. (I like this one).

So I decided to try a few.

He said unmentionable. I broke his. (see post under Evil)
This blog never ends. This blog
Two kids. One spouse. No time.
Met alien. No language. Don't shoot. . . (my sci-fi attempt)
Good night. Bed time. The end.

Kind of like Haiku with a plot.
Anyone want to try one?

7 comments:

HeatherinBeautifulBritishColumbia said...

A very short story. The End.

HeatherinBeautifulBritishColumbia said...

Do you have any idea how long that took me???? Then when I went back to your post, I realized I plagiarized your last one....duh! I never (well only once) write poetry, or think outside the box, so this was hard for me.

Do I get an A? Please.

Robin said...

The alien ate my chocolate. Damn alien.

sarala said...

I think this is one of those A for effort things.

Self Taught Artist said...

Another day. No sun. Another day.
Dry skin plagues me. That sucks.
Beyond mind. Across life. Through time.

Attila The Mom said...

"He said unmentionable. I broke his."

Hahaha! Brilliant!

I'll try to come up with one after I've had some more coffee!

Great idea.

ren.kat said...

my epic trilogy:

1. One soda, two straws. One bed.
2. 3 am phone call. Begin again.
3. One bed. Two beds. Double plot.