Sunday, August 05, 2007

Travels and no tribulations (but a few tributaries)

Swamp in Idaho

I am visiting with my very first nephew but as he is currently eating I am downloading a photo or two. Since last Tuesday I have been in the following states: exhausted, fatigued, exhilarated. No I mean States of the Union--not counting my home state of Illinois--they are Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Not bad for less than a week. And we're not talking those puny East Coast states like Delaware and Rhode Island.
I wish I could do one of those animations that old documentaries used to do with the moving red line across a map to show you the extent of my journeys. To give you some idea, I'll share with you where I slept each night.
1. Jackson, Wyoming
2. Gardiner, Montana
3. Idaho Falls, Idaho
4. Boise, Idaho
5. Pendelton, Oregon
6. Seattle, Washington
I'm remaining in Seattle for two more nights and then off to the North Cascades National Park. See you later.

No comments: