Thursday, March 01, 2007

Booking through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday


  1. How many books would you say you read in an average month? 4 unless I'm on vacation.

  2. In a year? Twenty to thirty

  3. Over the last five years? Well over 100 but I really cannot estimate.



One of the more fun college entrance essays I had to do was actually a list. I was asked to list all the books I had read in the past year. It was a very long list and I left out some that were too trashy to mention. Then I added back a few trashy ones so I didn't sound like a too perfect geek. Boy was I self-conscious but at the time it felt like a trick question. I got into that college so I guess I passed the test. I went to a different college anyway.
Here is what I am reading right now.

I'm enjoying it so far but I'll save the review for when I'm done. Way to go Patry.

3 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I wouldn't have minded a college entrance exam like that. I imagine not many people can remember (or keep track of) what they read in the course of a year, and so I'm sure that alone would be impressive.

Unknown said...

One of the reasons that I enjoy keeping track of my books on LibraryThing (which I always mentally call LibraryThang) is seeing what I've read over time. Fascinating. But, I have just finished reading some trashy books and I've been reluctant to add them to the list. (I've also been reluctant to have my very curious daughter see me reading them -- fascinating, huh?)

Andree said...

Isn't it funny how we disguise some of our reading? I realize that a college entrance essay is more serious but we all seem to do it!