Monday, February 02, 2009

Shopping Cart

Shopping Cart on State

Well, the shopping cart photo I posted a few days ago was accepted for a photo show at a camera store downtown. I'm a bit frustrated because I only found out about the show a day or two before I needed to have a framed copy (due tomorrow morning) and I couldn't find a rapid printer that would make the photo to my specifications. It turns out that turning my shot from a standard 4 by 6 to an 8 by 10 crops out much of the depth. I tried to order an 8 by 12 but it still is in the shop and I'm not sure I'd have time to get the right size frame by tomorrow morning. So I have a fair, framed 8 by 10 but it isn't even up to my amateur standards. Still, it is a first for me so I'm trying not to complain or make excuses.
While I was working on this over the weekend I happened to pass this shopping cart (see above) and couldn't resist circling the block to take a photo. I like the coincidence.
My series of small churches has grown considerably. I traveled to a new part of town (west, not south) and found a couple of main streets that are jam-packed with little churches. I'm working on processing and posting some of them but have to get to work. Shame how working gets in the way of hobbies.

7 comments:

Eric Allix Rogers said...

Tell me about it! I didn't even have time to try to find something for that show. Maybe someday I'll do that, but it sort of feels like a big step.

Jud said...

That is great that other value your work and want to share it.

Unknown said...

Thanks Eric and Jud.
Eric, the short notice gave me the courage to send it in. Otherwise I would have spent a week second-guessing myself.
Calumet/Gaper's Block is doing their swap this Friday--are you going? I went last year and it was kind of fun. A bit strange feeling too but I learned a bit. If you need a ride, let me know. I think I'm going.

LN said...

"Shame how working gets in the way of hobbies."

Can I use that? I'll fully credit you... I haven't said this in a while, but you take great, evocative photos.

Unknown said...

That photo is SO Chicago!! I am really enjoy your series of city shots. Where is the show at? Congrats, it is well deserved!!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot, LN and Karen. LN you can quote me any time.
It's folks like you all who keep me looking for the perfect shot.

Eric Allix Rogers said...

Thanks for the offer of a ride, but I seem to be overcommitted for this week already. Someday...