Tuesday, May 15, 2007
I can't believe I'm posting this when I should be going home from work and getting some dinner and sleep. But there's a book meme I want to join since Chunkster is done (thank heaven). This one should be really easy. In fact I already read two of the books since I heard about it. The goal is to read six Newberry Medal winners. Thanks to Nattie Rose Writes for this one.
Here is my list.
I found all of these at a used book store which explains a probably rather strange assortment.
1. Gathering of Days by Joan Blos,
2. Jacob Have I Loved, by Katherine Patterson,
3. Call It Courage by Armstrong Sperry (I loved this as a kid but not having read it for 30+ years I doubt that really counts as rereading),
4. I, Juan de Pareja (one I've never heard of), by Elizabeth Borton de Trevino.
5. Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
6. Kira-kira, by Cynthia Kadohata
Alternate or extra: Bridge to Terabithia by Kathering Paterson
I've already read Shiloh and Call It Courage. Reviews to follow. It is nice to have a short, easy read or two after slogging through two very big books recently.