Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Newberry medal book meme




I can't believe I'm posting this when I should be going home from work and getting some dinner and sleep. But there's a book meme I want to join since Chunkster is done (thank heaven). This one should be really easy. In fact I already read two of the books since I heard about it. The goal is to read six Newberry Medal winners. Thanks to Nattie Rose Writes for this one.

Here is my list.
I found all of these at a used book store which explains a probably rather strange assortment.
1. Gathering of Days by Joan Blos,
2. Jacob Have I Loved, by Katherine Patterson,
3. Call It Courage by Armstrong Sperry (I loved this as a kid but not having read it for 30+ years I doubt that really counts as rereading),
4. I, Juan de Pareja (one I've never heard of), by Elizabeth Borton de Trevino.
5. Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
6. Kira-kira, by Cynthia Kadohata
Alternate or extra: Bridge to Terabithia by Kathering Paterson

I've already read Shiloh and Call It Courage. Reviews to follow. It is nice to have a short, easy read or two after slogging through two very big books recently.

4 comments:

Kathe said...

forgot to mention that you're image isn't showing on this post

Nattie said...

thank you for joining the challenge!

TutleyMutley said...

I've never heard of ANY of them?!

Margo Burns said...

Thanks for mentioning my grandfather's book, Call It Courage! See more about him at http://www.ogram.org/sperry