Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Favorite Vacation Spot

I found this photo contest on a blog participating in Wordless Wednesday. The theme is "My Favorite Vacation Spot." I'm always game for a new game that doesn't take up too much time. Thanks to An Island Life for the meme. If you want to join in you have until midnight May 17.
I was torn between photos of the Pacific beaches where my parents hang out and the farm in Tuscany where I spent much of the last two summers. In the end Tuscany won. Actually I don't know if I will ever get back there. The kids find it a bit boring and aren't as close to the family that initially invited us there. I loved it. When I was bored, rarely, I just figured a little boredom is good for the soul or made a day trip to the nearest big town which is Lucca (20 minutes away). Florence was less than an hour away, Siena a bit further and so on. Not exactly dull. So here is my photo of where we stayed. The fenced in yard in front had horses and goats. The horses were available for riding lessons. The house in back is one of the ones we stayed in. We moved around a bit for logistical reasons and the property has several homes.

Agriturismo near Marlia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place to spend your vacation. So peaceful!

Thanks for playing!

Misplaced said...

I love Tuscany. I stayed in an old monastary in Castellini de Chianti.
Just taking a long walk on the dusty roads through vineyards is vacation in itself. I think that people sometimes confuse boredom with peace.
You photo brings it back- great picture.

Liza on Maui said...

I hope someday I can go there too.

p said...

all I can think about is what kind of scrap is there? fascinating to see a farm in another country...