Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Blue

Blue blue my world is blue
Blue is my world now I'm without you
Grey grey my life is grey
Cold is my heart since you went away

Red red my eyes are red
Crying for you alone in my bed
Green green my jealous heart
I doubted you and now we're apart

"Love Is Blue" was written by Pierre Cour and Andre Popp. The English lyrics were written by Brian Blackburn. From The Dating Advisor.

No Electioneering

So I had a few minutes to tour Hyde Park with my camera on election day. I found a few interesting political signs and bumper stickers but none for McCain. I'm sure the red voters are there so they must be in hiding.

Change

Voting was a breeze. The lines were amazingly short. Did everyone around here vote early? The lines at 6 PM when I strolled by my polling place were even shorter.

No LInes at This Polling Place

There seemed to be a lot of good cheer going around especially in the local Starbucks which was giving away free coffee if you said you had voted. By this evening they were sold out of nearly everything edible.

Too Little, Too Late

Some of the political stickers I found suggested a new old saying:
Old Democrats never die; they just fade. . . .

Glenn Who?

I hope you all voted whether you reside in a red or blue state.

2 comments:

Don said...

I remember that song, it was our favorite one winter in nineteen sixty something. My dad even bought the sheet music.

Anyway, if I can figure it out, I'm adding you as a NaNo buddy, so watch out.

My nabe is full of McCain signs and also Yes on 8, the big issue out here. I live in a red part of a blue state, which makes for interesting and largely dysfunctional political dynamics. But it's only dysfunctional because people don't think, they just follow, and the people they follow take an extreme tack, because compromise and balance apparently do not make for "strong" leadership.

Unknown said...

Hey cool. Thanks for stopping by and please do "buddy me." It helps to have a little friendly competition/mutual support. I'm trying to churn out the words right now since I'm off to a slow start. My name on NaNo is sarala if that helps.