Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Signing off

Rob's Foods

I love urban signs. I post some on my blog as you know and have more on my Flickr site. To me the hand-painted ones have so much character, especially when something goes worng, oops, I mean wrong. I was editing this photo of a roadside sign when I realized the painter had inverted the letters on the word "small." Too funny! Now I need to go back when there are fewer shadows and take a better shot. In Chicago, we may lack for wildlife, mountains and wilderness in general but the urban delights sometimes make up for it.

P.S. I really need to work on the margins on my blog. It cuts off the edges of all my landscape-oriented photos. Why try to take a nice shot only to have it maimed on the web? So much to do, so little time. Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Kathe said...

You can fix the problem of your photos being cut off by not posting them from Flickr (using the Blog This link on the photo page). All I do is choose the size I want to post from Flickr, then copy the URL given on that photo's chosen size page, and paste it as a link on Blogger's "add photo" feature.

I hope that makes sense!

p said...

I love the small mess up. Loving your city shots....and yeah, your margins are kind of funky.