Monday, October 22, 2007

Now for something completely different

Adult Party Scene

This December I will be one of the adults on stage. I volunteered to dance an adult role in the local ballet school's production of the Nutcracker. I'm posting now because rehearsals have already started. I have essentially no dance experience but none is needed. I almost decided not to go ahead but then decided you only live once and in my case living once is half over. We'll have to see if I still have stage fright. I get to wear a Victorian costume and dance shoes and hang out with my son on stage. I'll post pictures if I can get someone to take some for me. My one regret is I won't get to be sitting in the front row taking photos this year. But I do get a back stage pass.

4 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

Wow - that's great! My daughter was a mouse for Nutcracker (3 years ago) :)

I commented the other day but didn't go through...I hope this one does.

Unknown said...

Liza, the comment posted (obviously). I think the mice are totally adorable. I haven't been posting too many photos of the children because I don't know if parents would object. I still haven't figured out the whole etiquette of portrait photos (unless posed, with consent). I guess that is because there is no consensus on-line.

p said...

sounds like a fun personal challenge! good for you :)

Andree said...

Wow. Wow. I'm really impressed. You set goals I never even considered. I'd feel lucky to just see the Nutcracker one more time in life (no productions here). I can't wait for the photos.