Thursday, April 05, 2007

Letter to a Poet

My response to prompt #2. I think maybe I'll print and mail this one.

Dear Mr. Kooser,

I have never written a letter to a poet or any other writer for that matter. I doubt you will even read this one. But I recently discovered your Delights and Shadows and found them, well, delightful. You find poetry in the most ordinary and challenge me to look at the simple things of life in a more profound way. Who would have thought to write a poem about depression glass or a jar of buttons?
I greatly enjoyed the image of the early bird "hauling the heavy bucket of dawn." It seems to suit this early spring season well.
It does not matter if I will ever write a poem worth reading as long as I still have the privilege of reading a poem worth the writing.
Thank you for sharing your vision of the world with us all.

Sincerely,
Sarala Kron M.D.
Chicago, Illinois

1 comment:

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I'm glad I found this, your ending remarks about reading poetry were wonderful to read.