Thursday, February 23, 2012

Charmed, I'm Sure

Charmed, I'm Sure

Mortal Muses theme for the week is "charm." I decided to take it seriously and photograph a charm bracelet I own. I never owned such a bracelet when young although my mom did. This one I bought at an antique store and I filed off some of the more appropriate charms (filing the jump rings with a small metal file--what a pain) to give on a more modern necklace to a young friend of mine. The bracelet is so not my style that I've never worn it but may use a few of the other (not too insipid) charms for other purposes.
The backgrounds are two vintage record albums I bought this past weekend at a thrift store. I have begun to enjoy the graphics after seeing a calendar of Alex Steinweiss album covers. As I become more vintage myself, I am appreciating even older items more and more.

Oriental Moods

No comments: