Thursday, March 01, 2012

Chicago Bean

Wedding party at the Bean

I refer to the outdoor sculpture fondly known as the Bean but actually entitled Cloud Gate. I have my issues with large art installations as many times I find them gimmicky but this sculpture has won me over in part because it is so much fun to play with photography-wise.

Looking Up

Of course, the tourists love it and maybe I'm just a local tourist at heart. Yesterday was one of those odd Chicago days when the skies cleared and the temperatures reached the 60's. It was intoxicating after a dreary winter. I think everyone in the city wanted to call in sick. I had a few hours in the morning to ramble around downtown before going, inevitably, to work.

Lens Distortion?

5 comments:

p said...

wow. WOW. that 2nd picture is fantastic! they are all interesting but i'm most impressed by 2.

p said...

i'm so impressed by photo 2...they are all interesting but that one wows me!

Blu said...

Amazing pictures! Have a great weekend!

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

I love the Bean too! Taking photos there is so much fun.

Hotel in Ahmedabad said...

OOOOO WOW amazing pictures