I'm heading out of town first thing tomorrow. So this is a hasty post.
I decided to join another TBR (to be read) book challenge. I like the idea of getting a pile of books read that have been loitering on my shelves for far too long. My hope is also to add a bit of literary life to my blog which is still alive but not as active as I would like it.
Here is my list of 12 books which have desperately needed reading with alternates.
1. Mary Mackie, Cobwebs and Cream Teas: A year in the life of a National Trust house
2. Andy Behrman, Electroboy
3. Mark Oppenheimer, Thirteen and a Day
4. Russell Martin, Beethoven’s Hair
5. Edward Himes, School of Dreams
6. Jon Krakauer, Eiger Dreams
7. Roger Atwood, Stealing History
8. Peter Gay, My German Question
9. Bernhard Schlink, The Reader
10. Doreen Orion, Queen of the Road
11. Sherwin Nuland, The Mysteries Within
12. Naguib Mahfouz, Midaq Alley
1. Das Sijie, Le Complexe de Di
2. Madhur Jaffrey, Climbing the Mango Trees
3. Wallace Stegner, Where the Bluebird Sings to the Lemonade Springs
4. Maya Angelou, Gather Together in My Name
5. Simon Winchester, The Professor and the Madman
6. Howard Dully, My Lobotomy
7. Muriel Barberry, L’elegance du Herisson
8. Lauren Willis, The Secret History of the Pink Carnation
Some of these books have a back story (where I bought them or why but that will have to wait until I return.