Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Still Life with Heart-Shaped Stone

My family took me out to brunch and then we rented a tuxedo for my son's senior prom. It was quite a family milestone to see my son dressed in a tux (only the top half for the fitting--we see the ensemble when we pick up the whole package prom weekend).
I tried to go for a walk on the beach this evening but went too late. A 69 degree afternoon fell to 43 in the past two hours! Brrrr! So I took a few pics with the last of the day's light in the backyard and am now camping out with a cup of hot tea and a space heater. I grew up in Seattle. The weather variation of an entire year there can be encompassed in one afternoon in Chicago. I'm not joking!
Happy Mother's Day to all those who care. To those who don't, I hope you have a good week!

2 comments:

Jud said...

I have never understood the fascination that many, if not most, folks have with the event. I suppose that says more about me than them.

I hope he has a great time, and it sounds as if you had a pleasant holiday.

A Free Man said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! Glad you enjoyed the day.