Friday, August 26, 2011

A Day at the Beach

Day at the Beach

I got to indulge my weaknesses for old postcards, photography, and flea markets while in France. I still love it that I can buy a tiny piece of history for around a Euro, the same price as for a glossy modern tourist postcard. There is nothing written on the back of this postcard but the label is printed upside down to the photo. I can't help but ponder all the details--all the men with berets and mustaches, the child's lace up boots, "grandma" wearing mourning clothes perhaps. There is a tale here if only I knew how to read it.

Today's theme for Postcard Friendship Friday is National Dog Day. Note that this family brought their dog to the beach.

5 comments:

Dorincard said...

I would buy a maximum card for an euro. :) Nice card! :)

Postcard Journeys said...

I, too, wonder what's the story behind this postcard. They all look so serious.

Joy said...

Definitely a cold day on the beach, love how they are all wrapped up. A great find, you could probably write a novel based on that photograph.

Debs @ Vintage Postcard Gallery said...

oh this is wonderful! do you know where the shot was taken? i notice there's a lighthouse in the background too...

Unknown said...

Debs, I wish I did know where this is.