Thursday, December 23, 2010

The More Things Change

December, 2010

Raber House--Front View

I can't believe I haven't posted about this house before. Here is a small retrospective of the past four years of photographic ventures to this wonderful old site.
This house is known as the Raber House and is one of a few homes that managed to survive the great Chicago Fire of 1871. Although a designated Chicago landmark, it is in a lonely state of disrepair. It was originally part of a six acre estate built in 1870 for John Raber. No one seems to know what to do with the sad old house but the City of Chicago has discussed turning the area into a park. Sounds great, but I'll believe it when I see it. At least they are removing a dump of old automobile tires from behind the place. I guess that is progress.

September, 2009

Raber House--front, 2009

December, 2008

Raber House Back

January, 2008

Raber House

April, 2007

Raber House

February, 2007

Raber House

1 comment:

Snail said...

What a lovely building. Such a shame it's being left to rot. Looks like it would make a good museum. (I tend to think that everything would make a good museum, so my opinions may not be useful!)