Saturday, July 17, 2010

Drawing

Well, I haven't been blogging much. I guess I've just been busy and distracted by other things. I've read a lot of books, had a few outings, some work business and a fair bit of family-related chores. Tomorrow, youngest son goes off to camp and next week parents take advantage of the break by heading to Spain! Yup, two weeks in Madrid, Salamanca and points in between. The excuse besides having one fewer child to mind is a meeting my husband has in Salamanca. Generally, I've missed tagging along to these thing because someone has to be home to mind the kids, cats and turtles. This year older son is home and has a job he can't skip so away we go! While said spouse is at his meeting, I might climb in a car and head to Portugal. Why? Because it is there and I haven't been. Plus, I kind of miss the ocean. Of course you can expect lots of pictures.



In the meantime I picked up a book designed to help me learn to draw. Not that I have much hope. I've tried before with little success. I'm not sure which it is, lack of talent or lack of follow through. Or both.



The first assignment was to draw thirty cats. I had help on this one. My cat Dot joined me as model but she had a tendency to move too much and then turned her back on me which wasn't the best pose. I scanned the results for your viewing pleasure or at least for a good laugh at my expense.

3 comments:

Kathe said...

Enjoy your trip! (And you draw much better than I ever could!)

p said...

interesting...and your cat looks angry and sad. i like rawness...dont try too hard to be realistic PLEASE! have a great vacation, i will be slightly envious.

Frecklechops said...

Well, you know what they say "Practice makes perfect"...I don't know exactly who "they" are though :P