Saturday, September 28, 2013

G is for Gravestone

Arise th' Dead Playing the photo memes today. This one is for PhotoBlog Challenges: Begins with G. This headstone was for a woman who died in 1790 at the age of 27. The graveyard is in Cape Cod, details of the town somewhat forgotten at the moment. The image looks better large. Oops, that was last week's challenge. I'll leave the post up since I like the shot anyhow. Guess I should have eaten breakfast first. Especially since it is 1:30 almost.

4 comments:

Snail said...

That's a beautiful gravestone and in such good condition considering the age. The image and inscription are really quite touching.

Jud said...

A very interesting image, indeed. I hopped onto your Flickr site and saw the photo of the cat next to the Paxil mug. The drug certainly seems to have a calmative effect on the feline!

Dee Tee said...

Lovely piecee of art work. Nice one
...NEWSBLIST

Larry said...

I'm surprised that it has so much detail for a gravestone of that age.The old ones I find are usually extremely worn.