Saturday, July 18, 2009

Busy, busy

Pentax

Sorry for not posting for so long. Every time I seem to sit down to do so, something comes up. My computer is moribund as well. I'm not sure I'll be able to resurrect it.
In my not so infinite free time I'm taking an analog photography class. I find it hard to think of the camera as an analog camera. Whatever happened to "film" camera? Today I developed my first batch of negatives. Some of them even came out. I won't get to print the film (yes we're doing dark room too), until next week.
The photo is of my, borrowed, camera. I may splurge on a used Canon SLR--they are priced well and are compatible with some of my Canon lenses. My aim in taking this class (besides being entertained and that the class time fit with my schedule) is to get more comfortable with the manual settings on my DSLR. Hope it works.

3 comments:

p said...

just sent you a message via facebook about a camera i have...

A Free Man said...

The analog camera, eh? I wish I still had my 'analogs'.

Jud said...

My, but that's quite a large lens you have...

The only thing I can remember about photography is "sunny 16".

The last time I took pictures of my accord was in 1990. I really enjoy looking at pictures, but was lousy with film, processing, etc.

Wifey handled taking care of the photos of kids & family.