Friday, August 10, 2007

Now for something a little grander

North Cascades

I'm now on the Eastern (and dry) side of the Cascade Mountain range. The weather is sparklingly clear with blue sky and warm sun. It would be hot except for the constant breeze. I got to sample a bit of mountain biking today. The modern mountain bikes are a wondrous thing, far easier to ride than my 1970's Motobecane which feels like a member of the family. In a resale shop, my bike would be classified as at least a "collectible" if not an antique.
I have another week and a half of adventures before heading on home. I'll check out all your sites as time allows.
Hope your adventures have been fine too.

1 comment:

Andree said...

What a vacation! Those are such young, raw mountains. I enjoy these photos you are sending back.