Friday, October 13, 2006

More on the weather




























"The earliest measurable snowfall in the Chicago area accompanies unseasonably low temperatures that nearly match an 89-year-old record for Oct. 12"
This from the Chicago Tribune. Living in the Chicago area has a way of making people obsessed with the weather. After all, as someone said on the news yesterday, we can get all four seasons in one day. So it is only mid-October and I am ready to hibernate already. I think we were all a bit taken aback yesterday. The conversation I had with my husband went something like this: I don't know if it is happening where you are but I'm driving through a blizzard right now.
I can handle a few flakes unseasonably early but this was driving snow making visibility poor. I also forgot my coat on the way to work and was probably a bit blue around the edges.
Just when I start to think that global warming is real, nature turns around and does this to me. (Actually I think that global warming is real and it scares the heck out of me).
My timbers are shivering.
Today is sunny, sparklingly clear. I'll try to add on a photo if I get a chance.
So long.

Technorati Profile

No comments: